Co-publishers are selected very carefully to ensure the right mix of textbooks for all four IB programmes – PYP, MYP, DP and CP
Proposals from publishers wishing to co-publish with the IB are evaluated by an internal committee consisting of representatives from Commercial Publishing, Product Development, and Learning & Teaching (i.e., curriculum development) using the following criteria (listed in order of importance from highest to lowest):
- Strategic fit - Publisher aligns with the IB’s strategy, mission, and plans for growth.
- Publishing plan - Publishing plan aligns with IB’s priorities for programmes, subjects, languages, and revenue.
- Viability - Publisher has an outstanding reputation in market and is financially stable.
- Quality - Publisher can deliver high-quality publications and supporting online resources that align with IB curriculums and terminology.
- Internationality - Publisher can produce publications for an international audience; writing is of a suitable level for target readership and also for non-native speakers.
- Marketing - Publisher has a demonstrated ability to market publications internationally across many channels.
- Range - Publisher can develop publications in the K-12 market and across the IB programmes (but not necessarily across all subjects).
- Translations- Publisher can produce publications in languages other than English, particularly Spanish and French.
Contact IB Publishing
If you are interested in becoming a co-publisher or in learning about other ways of collaborating with the IB, please get in touch and we'll be happy to give you the information you need.