The IB delivers online workshops to schools upon request.
Online workshops are engaging learning experiences which help educators further develop skills across our IB programmes, education leadership and beyond.
These workshops are primarily asynchronous, with learning modules hosted on the Moodle e-learning platform and accessible remotely via participants’ personal computers.
Requesting online workshops offers yet another option for schools and groups of schools seeking authorization or preparing for evaluation to meet the IB’s professional development requirements.
To request an online workshop, a minimum of seven participants are required. The IB also delivers online workshops to educators across multiple schools in the same area– commonly referred to as districts.
Requesting an online workshop
A school, district, or Ministry of Education can request to run an online workshop as a closed group. This option is suitable if you:
- want to run an online workshop exclusively for teachers at your school or schools in your area,
- can commit to four weeks of learning to complete the workshop, with a minimum of 4 hours per week, with exception to introductory workshops.
Important information before requesting an online workshop
- You must submit your request at least 5 weeks before the date your workshop start date.
- All online workshops begin on the first Wednesday of every month. Start and completion dates are fixed and cannot be customized.
- The availability of online workshop is subject to the capacity of our availability.
- If you wish to request either the Developing the MYP or Developing the CP as online workshops, please read more information via the links below:
Certificates of completion
A certificate of completion will be awarded to all participants who successfully complete the workshop.
Have you already completed a workshop? Go to My IB PD History portal to access previous certificates.
The IB sends certificates directly to participants and their coordinators upon successful completion of a PD workshop. Schools have access to their participants’ certificates in the registration system. The IB will not withhold certificates from participants at the request of schools and/or coordinators.
Can’t find your certificate on the portal? For workshops hosted by an approved PD Provider, please contact them directly. For workshops hosted by the IB, send your details and contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read about our workshops pricing in the Global chart of professional development delivery offerings – You can also access this document in Arabic or Turkish.
Guidelines to request an online workshop
For more information, please read our guidelines by region:
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Find answers to frequently asked questions here .