All teaching staff including specialists, librarians and part-time teachers at candidate Middle Years Programme (MYP) schools must attend this workshop.
This mandatory workshop’s consistent knowledge base provides teaching staff at MYP schools a concise and coherent starting point for implementing the MYP.
Schools should engage their entire school community to collaboratively develop an initial MYP action plan, set to begin during the introductory workshop.
implementing the MYP across the school’s community is unique, and Heads of School and Programme Coordinators play an important role in setting expectations around meaningful participation at this initial stage of the schools’ MYP journey.
If you are unsure whether your school is required complete this workshop, please get in touch with your appointed IB representative or consultant.
How to attend the workshop
Schools can either attend a scheduled workshop or request a workshop be conducted specifically for their school or group of schools.
Additional information for Developing the MYP online workshops
If you wish to request the Developing the MYP as an online workshop, see additional information below.
- The online workshop consists of 5 hours’ worth of learning material which participants can complete at their own pace within one week.
- Participants will receive login credentials to access the online workshop one week before the start date.
- We encourage participants to log into the online workshop before the workshop begins and get familiarized with the Online Learner’s Toolkit – which provides an overview of how online workshops take place. However, please note participants will not have access the workshop material before the workshop start date.
- All online workshops are delivered by an Online Facilitator (OLF) assigned to guide participants throughout the workshop.
- A Lead Facilitator (LF) will also be monitoring the workshop. Although LFs do not engage with participants directly, they provide guidance to OLFs as well as extra support and leadership during the workshop.