What is the new visual identity for Middle Years Programme (MYP) eAssessment and what is the criteria to have it awarded? Are there minimum requirements in terms of number of subjects or students?
- The IB has launched MYP programme logo with eAssessment for schools offering the optional MYP eAssessment.
- Schools will be able to proudly display the MYP programme logo with eAssessment on their promotional materials and website to show their commitment to integrate digital technology in their learning, teaching and assessment processes.
- The IB will use the following criteria at the time of MYP eAssessment results release each year to identify schools eligible to use the MYP programme logo with eAssessment:
- the school has candidates registered on IBIS at time of results release for on-screen exams and/or e-Portfolio subjects in their current or penultimate main examination sessions, e.g., May 2022 OR May 2021
- the school will no longer be able to use the MYP programme logo with eAssessment in the event they have no registrations for MYP eAssessment and/or e-Portfolio for two consecutive main examination sessions.
- There are no minimum requirements for the number of subjects or candidates enrolled to take part in eAssessment examinations. However, schools that no longer meet the above-mentioned criteria will need to revert to using the original MYP programme logo.
- Schools that only have candidates registered for the MYP personal project will not be awarded the MYP programme logo with eAssessment.
- More information regarding on-screen and e-Portfolio subjects
is available here.
Where and when will the MYP programme logo with eAssessment be visible? Will it be available in the three IB languages?
- For schools that meet the above-mentioned criteria, the MYP programme logo with eAssessment will be displayed on the IB public website, Find an IB World School section, next to the school name.
- Parents/students will be able to “filter” schools by those which hold MYP programme logo with eAssessment.
- May 2022 and November 2022 schools will have the MYP programme logo with eAssessment displayed/updated, including the list of MYP eAssessment subjects offered by the school on the IB public website, Find an IB World School, on 1 February 2023. After that:
- on 1st August for May schools
- on 1st February for November schools.
- The MYP programme logo with eAssessment will be available in the three IB languages (English, French and Spanish).
What is the value of the MYP programme logo with eAssessment?
By means of the MYP programme logo with eAssessment:
- parents will be able to identify and select schools based on whether the schools register candidates for the optional MYP eAssessment
- universities and accrediting agencies will know which schools offer the optional MYP eAssessment.
Can schools use the MYP programme logo with eAssessment on their school website and/or communications? Where can we find this logo and corresponding, copyright and compliance guidelines?
- Eligible schools can use the MYP programme logo with eAssessment in their email signature, communications, and stationery, such as brochures.
- The guidelines for the use of the MYP programme logo with eAssessment are the same as for the use to the rest of the IB logos.
Note: You can find more information on the Rules for use of IB Intellectual Property, section A. Logos, on the IB public website.