The IB is proud to announce the establishment of scholarships in regions around the globe to award funds for the University of the People M.Ed. program. Scholarships will be awarded to students who demonstrate a commitment to education, the IB pedagogy, and their local community. Award recipients will receive funding for the 13 assessment fees required by UoPeople to complete the M.Ed. degree.
Scholarships application will open on 6 January
Eligibility: Applicants must be citizens of one of the countries listed in the available regions below.
Funding: The scholarships will provide funding for up to 13 courses for the UoPeople M.Ed. degree.
Deadline: The application will open on 6 January 2020 and close on 8 March 2020. Please ensure all materials are submitted by that time.
To be eligible to be granted an IB scholarship, students must meet the following requirements.
- Applicants must be prospective or enrolled students of the University of People’s Master of Education in Advanced Teaching Degree (“Master of Education Degree”).
- Applicants must have some teaching experience, demonstrate a commitment to education, the IB pedagogy and their local community.
- Prospective students must provide proof of admission within 60 days of being awarded the scholarship. Enrolled students must be in good academic and financial standing with University of the People.
- International Baccalaureate and University of the People employees and their immediate families including spouse, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses, are not eligible to apply.
- All submissions must be in English.
- By submitting a scholarship application, you consent to be contacted by the IB about the scholarship application
For further questions about scholarships, please email us.
For further questions about the M.Ed. program, please visit the UoPeople website.
The IB is currently only able to accept applications from applicants from the listed regions. We anticipate opening more regions over the next six months. Please check this page soon.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic (CAR), Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini (formerly Swaziland), Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Eastern and Central Europe
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, Macedonia, Poland, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
South and Southeast Asia
Bangladesh, Brunei, Bhutan, Darussalam, Cambodia, Guam, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Marianas Islands, Myanmar, Northern Mariana Islands, Nepal, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Singapore Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam, Hong Kong