The IB is proud to announce it is establishing scholarships in regions around the globe to raise awareness and award funds for the University of the People M.Ed. program. Scholarships will be awarded to students who demonstrate a commitment to education, the IB pedagogy, and their local community. Award recipients will receive funding for the 13 assessment fees required by UoPeople to complete the M.Ed. degree.
Scholarships now available
African education scholarship
According to the UNESCO Institute for Statistics, Africa has the highest demand for teachers in the world, needing to recruit 44 million teachers between 2016 and 2030 to meet Sustainable Development Goal 4. To support the demand for teachers in the region, the IB has formed the African scholarship panel to increase awareness of the UoPeople M.Ed. program and award scholarships to strong students from Africa ready to make an impact in education on the continent.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet be citizens of an African country and currently reside there.
Funding: The scholarships will provide funding for up to 13 courses for the University of the People M.Ed. degree.
To submit your application click here.
Please note: The IB is currently only able to accept applications from applicants from the African continent. We anticipate opening more regions over the next few months. Please check this page soon.
To be eligible to be granted an IB scholarship, students must meet the following requirements.
- Applicants must be prospective or enrolled students of the University of People’s Master of Education in Advanced Teaching Degree (“Master of Education Degree”).
- Applicants must have some teaching experience, demonstrate a commitment to education, the IB pedagogy, and their local community.
- Prospective students must provide proof of admission within 60 days of being awarded the scholarship. Enrolled students must be in good academic and financial standing with University of the People.
- Applicants may only apply for the scholarship once per calendar year.
- International Baccalaureate and University of the People employees, and their immediate families including spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses, are not eligible to apply.
- All submissions must be in English.
- By submitting a scholarship application, you consent to be contacted by the IB.
For further questions about scholarships, please email email@example.com