The International Baccalaureate® (IB) provides a range of professional development for schools, including face-to-face and online workshops, webinars, blended learning and e-learning resources.
These can also be delivered in-school, at district or cluster workshops, and at regional conferences
Professional development requirements
As part of the authorization process for implementing the Diploma Programme (DP), schools must meet certain professional development requirements:
- The head of school or designee must attend an IB category 1 administrator’s workshop before the application for candidacy
- All DP subject teachers must attend IB category 1 workshops in their subject.
- Theory of knowledge (TOK) teachers must attend IB category 1 TOK course workshops.
- Creativity, action, service (CAS) coordinators must attend IB category 1 CAS workshops.
- The DP coordinator must attend IB category 1 Diploma Programme coordination workshops.
The IB expects professional development to have taken place before the school’s verification visit, which takes place as part of the authorization process, after the school submits its application for authorization to implement the DP.
Read about the authorization process and about IB professional development workshops categories.
Find a workshop on the DP
There are several workshops on the DP, on various topics.