Through an in-depth, clear explanation of each marking criterion, overall marks, and best fit you are equipped to practice marking real student samples at your own pace. You will sharpen your marking skills by receiving feedback from real IB examiners on your selection of each criterion mark. Translate marking expertise into the classroom to help students prepare for internal assessments and broader learning experiences. In this marking resource, you will find guidance on how to apply the language and literature HL essay criteria along with several student essays to practise marking. Each student’s essay, in this resource, is complemented with a detailed review on how it achieved its final mark. Earn a certificate of completion to enhance your professional development portfolio.
Some of the main benefits educators can gain from self-paced modules include:
- Accessing professional development from the comfort of their homes – no need to incur travel or accommodation costs.
- Self-paced module can be completed and revisited repeatedly for six months from date of purchase.
- Self-paced module topics can be hyper-focused and cover topics not normally featured in typical IB professional development workshops and events.
The self-paced modules do not count towards authorisation or evaluation. However, they are an excellent opportunity to build and enhance professional development portfolios.
IB self-paced modules are category 3, building on and enhancing professional development portfolios.
The introductory price is 125 USD.
Once registered, cancellations are not permitted for the self-paced modules.
Self-paced Module Completion Requirements
- Participants should plan to spend five hours of active online participation and learning to complete each self-paced module.
- Participants will receive access to their self-paced module within 24 hours of registration and have six months from the date of registration to finish all the learning engagements.
- Self-paced modules are fully online and asynchronous with no facilitator, so participants can complete the module at their own pace.
- Access to the content on each self-paced module is available for six months from date of purchase.
- Once participants complete all the learning engagements, they will be able download the completion certificate.