Children take play seriously—and so do we.
The PYP early years offers a holistic learning experience that integrates socio-emotional, physical, and cognitive development, where:
Students explore their environment and learn about their world through play and relationships with peers, teachers, family, and community members
Teachers are partners, nurturers and guides who help facilitate the exploration of children’s interests as they work on long- and short-term projects
Schools provide dynamic environments that nurture curiosity, creativity, and confidence.
Take a look at the upcoming PYP events worldwide.
"We really feel that introducing the IB PYP early years has enriched our school. It is at the heart of everything—from the learner profile and inquiry- led learning to agency, transdisciplinary approaches and so much more.” — Jennifer Sait, Head of School, Kai Early Years, India
The PYP early years framework is informed by research and designed to give children choices, encouraging them to start taking ownership of their learning. The programme nurtures a child’s creativity and curiosity by:
- giving them stimulating and appropriate preschool curriculum in the earliest years when their brains are optimally programmed to benefit from these experiences
- acknowledging that young learners are intelligent, resourceful and creative individuals who grow, develop and learn at different rates
- allowing play to be the primary driver for inquiry
- enabling children to develop agency and be able to construct their own learning
A study conducted in Singapore and Australia investigated the learning outcomes of the PYP early years education and found that:
- literacy skills at the schools were well developed
- children were performing at levels similar to, or better, in terms of school readiness; compared to a normative sample
- children were developing learning skills at higher rates than a comparative sample.
Help your children build skills for tomorrow while reassuring the discerning parents of today, with PYP early years. Standalone preschools can now benefit from a new pricing structure, which will better meet schools' curriculum planning needs.
Upcoming PYP events and webinars worldwide
|The PYP early years: A play-based inquiry educational framework for children aged 3-6||Webinar||28 September 2023
14:00 (GMT-04:00) EST
|New York, USA||Register now|
|IB and NCF 2022: Leading the way in early years education||Event||27-28 October 2023||Gurgaon, India||Register now|