The resource consists of seven explorations which were either submitted at standard level (SL) or higher level (HL). Many of the explorations concern SL content and are therefore suitable for assessment in SL and HL courses.
Once you are familiar with the work, dive into the moderator's feedback on the exploration. Annotations on the explorations are designed to direct you towards the correct criteria levels and will often use the language of the criteria. Videos highlighting the key points of the moderator feedback are also included in the resource.
Having read or listened to the moderator feedback, you will have an opportunity to mark the exploration yourself. This exercise will provide feedback if your marking is in alignment with the senior moderator or if you are too high or too low in your assessment.
Some of the main benefits educators can gain from self-paced modules include:
- Accessing professional development from the comfort of their homes – no need to incur travel or accommodation costs.
- Self-paced module can be completed and revisited repeatedly for six months from date of purchase.
- Self-paced module topics can be hyper-focused and cover topics not normally featured in typical IB professional development workshops and events.
The self-paced modules do not count towards authorisation or evaluation. However, they are an excellent opportunity to build and enhance professional development portfolios.
IB self-paced modules are category 3, building on and enhancing professional development portfolios.
The introductory price is 125 USD.
Once registered, cancellations are not permitted for the self-paced modules.
Self-paced Module Completion Requirements
- Participants should plan to spend five hours of active online participation and learning to complete each self-paced module.
- Participants will receive access to their self-paced module within 24 hours of registration and have six months from the date of registration to finish all the learning engagements.
- Self-paced modules are fully online and asynchronous with no facilitator, so participants can complete the module at their own pace.
- Access to the content on each self-paced module is available for six months from date of purchase.
- Once participants complete all the learning engagements, they will be able download the completion certificate.