MYP Building Quality Curriculum
MYP Building Quality Curriculum (MYP BQC) provides guidance and feedback on MYP unit plans, supporting continuous improvement of written, taught and assessed curriculum.
This service provides feedback by expert curriculum reviewers, based on foundational programme documents: Evaluating MYP unit plans (2016) and Evaluating MYP interdisciplinary unit plans (2016).
As a requirement prior to programme evaluation
From 2018 onward, MYP schools may fulfil their programme evaluation requirement by choosing one of the following options:
- Registering candidates for the MYP certificate through MYP eAssessment
- Participation in MYP Building Quality Curriculum
- As an optional service
As an optional service
MYP BQC is also available as an optional service to support teaching, learning and ongoing school improvement any time, as needs arise. Between evaluations, schools may register for any session, for any subject group(s), in any year of the programme. Fees, session schedules and dates remain the same as for the required service.
Important note: Participation in MYP BQC is required for schools that do not register at least one student for eAssessment who is a candidate for the IB MYP certificate.
Participation in MYP BQC
Participation involves submission of two unit plans from each subject group taught in your programme along with two interdisciplinary unit plans. Typically, schools submit 18 unit plans for review.
- At least one unit plan from each year of the MYP taught in your programme must be submitted for review.
- Schools must submit unit plans previously taught in your school. Submitted plans must have gone through all elements of the unit planning process, including the reflection section.
- Schools must submit self-evaluation for each unit plan, using the summary section of Evaluating MYP unit plans (2016), or Evaluating MYP interdisciplinary unit plans (2016).
Select a session
Three sessions of MYP BQC are offered each year.
|Registration opens||Schools may begin submitting unit plans and self-evaluations||Deadline to submit unit plans and self- evaluations||Schools receive feedback reports||Clarification period concludes||Self-study submission deadline|
|Session 1||5 Oct||5 Jan||25 Feb||25 Apr||25 May||On or after 1 June|
|Session 2||5 Feb||5 May||25 Jun||25 Aug||25 Sept||On or after 1 Oct|
|Session 3||5 Jun||5 Sept||25 Oct||5 Jan||5 Feb||On or after 1 March|
Registration is prioritized for participation by schools with the most pressing evaluation timelines.
Sessions close when capacity is reached. Any school that registers but is not confirmed for participation will be waitlisted for the following session. Waitlisted schools are given priority status for confirmed participation in any session.
The register button below will take you to IBIS. Upon successful login, click the Workshop Registration link and scroll down the list of workshops until you find MYP Building Quality Curriculum near the bottom. Please note that only Coordinators can register for the BQC.
Please select a session that allows you adequate time to analyse and incorporate your feedback into your school's action plan prior to submission of your self-study.
Important note: Reports received from MYP BQC are valid documentation within 24 months of your self-study submission.
Registration and fees
Register for MYP BQC on IBIS. If you have questions about how to proceed, please contact us. After you register, you will receive detailed instructions about the submissions process.
- 2018 registration fees: USD $252 per subject, i.e. two unit plans
- Full submission: USD $2,271, includes submission of two unit plans per each of eight subject groups, plus two interdisciplinary units; 18 submissions in total