Project Lead The Way (PLTW)
The IB Career-related Programme (CP) has joined efforts with Project Lead The Way (PLTW) to create a high-level STEM program for schools offering both programmes.
Our collaboration aims to:
- Combine the educational principles of IB courses with a career-focused program of study
- Offer a flexible framework that allows schools to create CP programs that meets the needs of their students
PLTW courses can be used as the career-related study component portion of the CP as long as these three requirements are met:
- Students must take at least two IB academic courses
- Students must complete the CP core
- Students must complete the approved career program from PLTW
Available in: The CP/ PLTW Career Package collaboration is available wherever PLTW is accepted.
Career pathway: Engineering, Biomedical Science, Computer Science
Duration: within the two-year timeline of the CP (last two years of secondary school).
Possible IB academic courses to choose from:
- Math SL
- Math Studies
PLTW career pathway in Engineering:
- Introduction to Engineering Design
- Principles of Engineering
- One of the six specialty courses and/or the capstone course
PLTW career pathway in Biomedical Science:
- Principles of Biomedical Science
- Human Body Systems
- Medical Interventions
- Biomedical Innovation (optional)
PLTW career pathway in Computer Science:
- Computer Science Principles
- Computer Science Essentials
- Computer Science A
- Cybersecurity (optional)
To find out more about the PLTW / CP career-related studies package, please contact us.