Terms and conditions
Read below the award terms and conditions for the IB scholarship for the Master of Education in Advanced Teaching Degree.
To be eligible to be granted an IB scholarship, students must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants can be prospective or enrolled students of the University of People’s Master of Education in Advanced Teaching Degree (“Master of Education Degree”).
- Applicants must currently hold a Bachelor’s degree and be fluent in English
- Applicants must have some teaching experience, demonstrate a commitment to education, the IB pedagogy and their local community.
- Applicants cannot already hold a master’s degree
- Prospective students must provide proof of admission within 60 days of being awarded the scholarship. Enrolled students must be in good academic and financial standing with University of the People.
- International Baccalaureate and University of the People employees and their immediate families including spouse, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses, are not eligible to apply
- All submissions must be in English
- By submitting a scholarship application, you consent to be contacted by the IB about the scholarship application
- Applicants must agree to the award terms and conditions prior to receiving any funding from the IB
Award terms and conditions
To be awarded and maintain this scholarship, students must agree to the following terms and conditions listed below.
- Selected students must send proof of enrollment and good academic standing to the International Baccalaureate prior to receiving any funding. If you have not been admitted by the time of your award, you must provide proof of enrollment within 60 days of being selected as a scholarship recipient. If none is provided, scholarship funds will be reallocated to other students.
- The money that is allocated toward your scholarship is solely for the purpose of paying your Assessment Fees and enabling your studies at UoPeople. It is not for your personal gain or usage. It is the property of UoPeople, held in your name and allocated by UoPeople toward the payment of your Assessment Fees for the time that you remain enrolled at UoPeople.
- In order to receive scholarship funds, scholarships awardees must notify International Baccalaureate of their enrollment prior to the start of each term.
- To continue to receive scholarship funds, students must maintain a level of Satisfactory Academic Progress. Your scholarship will be at risk if you are placed on academic warning for more than one semester and will be withdrawn if you are placed on probation. If your scholarships is withdrawn, you are not eligible to reapply for funding. Information regarding the requirements of Satisfactory Academic Progress can be found in the University of the People Catalog.
- This scholarship will be valid for the duration of your studies at University of the People. However, if you do not enroll for any courses at University of the People for two consecutive terms, the International Baccalaureate reserves the right to terminate your scholarship and reallocate the funds to other students.
- Should you cease your studies, fail to commence your studies, are dismissed from University of the People for academic or disciplinary reasons, or your scholarship is withdrawn for failure to maintain a level of Satisfactory Academic Progress, you forfeit your scholarship. Any scholarship funds remaining s hall be used by the University toward providing another student with access to higher education and will not be given to you for your personal use.
- The award of this scholarship is for up to 13 course assessment fees. Should you require additional assistance after exhausting the award the International Baccalaureate cannot guarantee financial aid will be available. If you are required to repeat a course, you will incur an additional course assessment fee for each additional course taken and may not have sufficient funds remaining in your scholarship for completion of your degree.
- Data Protection and Privacy. For the purpose of these terms and conditions:
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual, including, without limitation, the name, address, e-mail, telephone number, business contact information, date of birth, social security number, social insurance number, tax number, credit or debit card number, bank account number, assessment results, education records and any other unique identifier or one or more factors specific to the individual’s physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity (including sensitive personal data). “Processing” means any operation with Personal Data, irrespective of the means applied and the procedure, and in particular the collection, storage, use, revision, disclosure, transfer, archiving or destruction of Personal Data, including but not limited to, obtaining, recording or holding the information or data or carrying out any operation or set of operations on the information or data, including the organization, adaptation or alteration of the information or data, the retrieval, consultation or use of the information or data, the disclosure of the information or data by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, or the alignment, combination, blocking, erasure or destruction of the information or data.
a. The IB agrees that it will comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations, including, to the extent applicable, the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC as implemented in the respective Member States, the European General Data Protection Regulation, EU 2016/679, together with any additional implementing legislation, rules or regulations that are issued by the applicable supervisory authorities (the “GDPR”), and Swiss Data Protection Act 1992 (as each may be amended and or superseded).
b. To the extent you provide Personal Data to the IB, you agree that the IB shall Process such Personal Data for the purposes described in these terms and conditions and may transfer such Personal Data to other entities who provide business and IB-programme-related services to the IB, which may be located in countries that do not offer adequate levels of protection of Personal Data under EU and Swiss law principles. You also agree that, in certain circumstances, it may be necessary for the IB to disclose such Personal Data to regulatory authorities or otherwise as may be required by the IB’s legal obligations.
c. The foregoing obligations remain applicable beyond the termination of these terms and conditions.
9. By accepting these terms and conditions, you indicate your consent to allow the International Baccalaureate to contact you about your experience at University of the People and the use of your non - identifying information in general marketing and fundraising efforts on the IB and the University 's website, other websites, forums, networks, social media sites, and in IB and University publications and presentations and affiliated websites (including its social media platforms). In addition, I waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product wherein my likeness appears. Additionally, I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the video imagery/voice/printed quotes/other personal data arising from video and still photographic images wherein my likeness appears. I hereby hold harmless and release and forever discharge IB from all claims, demands and causes of action which I, my heirs, representatives, executors, administrators or any other persons acting on my behalf have or may have by reason of this authorization. This consent shall remain in full force and effect after the completion of your studies at the University. The information that may be used includes the use of your first name, age and country of residence. If you prefer that your informa tion not be used in this manner, contact email@example.com to opt out. Your decision will be fully respected by International Baccalaureate and will not in any way impact your scholarship.
10. You must abide by all policies and procedures of the University as outlined in the University Catalog. This includes, but is not limited to, strict adherence to the University’s General Code of Conduct and the Academic Code of Conduct.
11. International Baccalaureate reserves the right to cancel your scholarship if, at any time after the award of the scholarship, it has reasonable grounds to suspect that:
a. you have been awarded this scholarship based on false statements, misrepresentation or fraudulent actions; or
b. you have encouraged or induced another scholarship applicant to make false statements, misrepresentations or fraudulent actions in his or her scholarship application, regardless of whether the scholarship is awarded.
12. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Switzerland. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of, or in relation to, this MOU, including the validity, invalidity, breach, or termination thereof, shall be resolved by arbitration in accordance with the Swiss Rules of International Arbitration of the Swiss Chambers' Arbitration Institution in force on the date on which the Notice of Arbitration is submitted in accordance with these Rules. The number of arbitrators shall be one, the seat of the arbitration shall be Geneva, Switzerland, and the arbitral proceedings shall be conducted in English. The Parties hereby agree to use information technology systems and electronic communications to the extent permitted in conducting any arbitral proceedings.
13. Provisions regarding the awarding of this scholarship are subject to change.