The IB Diploma Programme (DP) is a world-renowned and widely respected international education curriculum that prepares students aged 16 - 19 for a life beyond academics. With unique assessment and approaches to teaching and learning, the DP sets the standard in international education by developing students who not only have depth and breadth of knowledge, but who also flourish socially, emotionally and intellectually.
Benefits of the DP
- The DP offers students a broad and balanced education that works within global contexts and in line with national requirements.
- Distinctive courses that make up the DP core are proven to develop students’ advanced writing, communication and time-management skills. The DP core also requires them to reflect, think independently and become self-aware.
- The DP curriculum is backed by 50 years of research and is uniquely designed to challenge and motivate students to succeed both academically and in life beyond studies, and adjust well to the demands and workloads of life at university.
- DP assessment analyzes performance indicators that give teachers, parents and students a well-rounded picture of student progress and measure the extent to which students have learned - not what they have memorized.
- Colleges and universities around the world recognize the DP and welcome graduates for their exceptional academic preparation, their aptitude for critical thinking, and their commitment to community. Research shows that students who earn the IB Diploma excel at universities all around the world, often with advanced standing.