Your session proposal should support professional development with a focus on IB learners, IB curriculums, or how to better support IB students through the university admissions process. You may wish to consider the following topics.
- Applying to universities in specific countries (e.g. the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, etc.)
- Tips on setting entry requirements for different IB programmes
- Counselling IB students: cohorts with mixed programmes, particular subject choices
- Tips and best practices on assessing IB students and reading IB transcripts
- What should universities understand about IB students?
- How university and career counsellors (UCCs) can better support IB students in their application process
- Supporting student well-being
- University perspectives and insights of IB students
The deadline for submitting a proposal is 21 November 2022. Submissions received after the deadline will unfortunately not be considered. You will be informed about the outcome of your application by 9 December 2022.
- Delivered in English, French or Spanish
- 45 minutes long, including time for questions from attendees
- Include interactive elements (live polling, chat box, etc.)
- Focus on professional development
- Does not promote commercial purposes
- All sessions will be presented virtually
- All presenters and co-presenters must register for the conference by 26 January 2023
- Individuals may not submit or appear on more than two proposals, either as primary or secondary presenters
- The same school or institution may not appear on more than two proposals
- Presenters have the option to present a live session (includes live presentation and live questions and answers (Q&A)), a simulive session (pre-recorded presentation with live Q&A) or a pre-recorded presentation (no live Q&A)
- All sessions will be scheduled according to Universal Coordinated Time (UTC)
Please note that the submission process is highly competitive and only a limited number of proposals will be accepted. The submission deadline is 21 November 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact us.