The IB Global Conference, Toronto 2023 will take place from 27–30 July 2023 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. We invite interested participants to submit a breakout session proposal to present at the conference. Share your best idea, innovation or inspiration with the IB community.
There will be over 100 sessions offered, covering a wide range of topics. We are seeking dynamic, interactive sessions that motivate and educate. Sessions may include new approaches to teaching and learning, a scholarly analysis, best practices or innovative ways to promote a better and more peaceful world through education.
The proposal submission period will open from 15 November 2022 to 5 February 2023. Proposals submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Session proposals should fall under one of the following strands that reflect important, broad trends in education that are both specific to the IB and relevant to non-IB schools and contexts.
Inclusive education and well-being
A whole-school approach to education that promotes inclusion, equitable quality education and access for all students. This strand also includes the skills and competencies needed to thrive in an interconnected world.
- Sessions may include topics that promote diversity, equity, inclusion, access, gender equality, as well as wellness, emotional intelligence and resilience.
Educational technology and innovation
Combining technological tools and resources with educational practice to facilitate learning.
- Sessions may include technologies for hybrid learning environments, emerging software and hardware for educational purposes, cutting-edge research in education, and the role of technology in addressing global issues.
Learning and teaching
Competencies and strategies needed to facilitate lifelong learning.
- Sessions include all four IB programmes frameworks (PYP, MYP, DP, CP) as well non-IB curriculums, and may cover an array of topics (e.g. agency, assessment, 21st-century skills).
Advanced content for education leaders.
- Sessions may include topics on governance, building partnerships, creating school culture, climate and thought leadership, and plans and policies for sustainable education.
- Delivered in English, French or Spanish (please select the language of delivery and complete the form in the language selected)
- 75 minutes long, including time for interaction and discussion
- Focus on professional development
- Cannot promote commercial purposes
- All presenters and co-presenters must register for the conference by Friday 24 June 2023.
- As a presenter, you will enjoy the discounted fee of USD 960 plus 13% HST for the main conference or USD 1130 plus 13% HST for the main conference including pre-conference. This discount cannot be combined with other discounts.
- Individuals may not submit or appear on more than two proposals, either as primary or secondary presenters.
- The same school or institution may not appear on more than two proposals.
- All presenters must be available to present anytime during the Global Conference (excluding pre-conference workshops).
- All presenters and moderators must comply with the timelines and deadlines shared by the IB upon session confirmation to ensure the successful delivery of their session.
- The layout of meeting rooms will vary. Additional information on room specifications will be provided upon approval of the session presentation. The rooms will range from 50 to 300 capacities. The Global Conferences team will make room assignments based on their experience of previous conferences and session popularity.
- The IB will not reimburse any expenses.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.