We are excited to announce the new conferences' strands that reflect important, broad trends in education that are both specific to the IB and relevant to non-IB schools and contexts.
Educational technology and innovation
Combining technological tools and resources with educational practice to facilitate learning.
- Sessions may include technologies for hybrid learning environments, emerging software and hardware for educational purposes and cutting-edge research in education.
Inclusive education and well-being
A whole-school approach to education that promotes inclusion, equitable quality education and access for all students. This strand also includes the skills and competencies needed to thrive in an interconnected world.
- Sessions may include topics that promote diversity, inclusion, equity and access, as well as wellness, emotional intelligence and resilience.
Learning and teaching
Competencies and strategies needed to facilitate lifelong learning.
- Sessions include all four IB programmes’ frameworks as well non-IB curriculums, and may cover an array of topics (e.g. agency, assessment).
Advanced content for education leaders.
- Sessions may include topics on governance, building partnerships, creating school culture, and climate and thought leadership.
The deadline for submitting a proposal is Monday 29 November 2021. Submissions received after the deadline will not be considered. The IB Review Committee will review all proposals and notify you no later than Monday 20 December 2021.
- Delivered in English
- 45 minutes long, including time for questions from attendees
- Must include interactive elements (live polling, chat box, etc.)
- Focus on professional development
- Cannot promote commercial purposes
- All breakout sessions will be presented virtually.
- All presenters and co-presenters must register for the conference by Friday 21 January 2022. As a presenter, a 50 USD discount will be automatically applied to the full registration fee.
- Individuals may not submit or appear on more than two proposals, either as primary or secondary presenters.
- The same school or institution may not appear on more than two proposals.
- Presenters have the option to present a live session (includes live questions and answers (Q&A)), a simulive session (pre-recorded session with live Q&A) or a pre-recorded video (no live Q&A).
- All sessions will be scheduled according to the IB Singapore Global Centres’ local time (Singapore Time—SGT).
- Please note that the submission process is highly competitive and only a limited number of proposals will be accepted. The submission deadline is Monday 29 November 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.