Session proposals should fall under one of the following strands that reflect important, broad trends in education that are both specific to the IB and relevant to non-IB schools and contexts.
Educational technology and innovation
Combining technological tools and resources with educational practice to facilitate learning.
- Sessions may include technologies for hybrid learning environments, emerging software and hardware for educational purposes, cutting-edge research in education, and the role of technology in addressing global issues.
Inclusive education and well-being
A whole-school approach to education that promotes inclusion, equitable quality education and access for all students. This strand also includes the skills and competencies needed to thrive in an interconnected world.
- Sessions may include topics that promote diversity, equity, inclusion and access, gender equality, in addition to wellness, emotional intelligence and resilience.
Learning and teaching
Competencies and strategies needed to facilitate lifelong learning.
- Sessions include all four IB programmes’ frameworks (Primary Years Programme, Middle Years Programme, Diploma Programme, Career-related Programme) as well as non-IB curriculums, and may cover an array of topics (e.g. agency, assessment, 21st-century
Advanced content for education leaders.
- Sessions may include topics on governance, building partnerships, creating school culture, climate and thought leadership, and plans and policies for sustainable education.
The deadline for submitting a proposal is Sunday 27 November 2022. Submissions received after the deadline will not be considered. Please note that the submission process is highly competitive and only a limited number of proposals will be accepted. The IB Review Committee will review all proposals and notify you no later than Monday 19 December 2022.
- Delivered in English
- 75 minutes long, including time for interaction and discussion
- Focus on professional development
- Cannot promote commercial purposes
- All presenters and co-presenters must register for the conference by Friday 20 January 2023.
- As a presenter, you will enjoy the discounted fee of 960 USD for the main conference or 1,130 USD for the pre-conference and the main conference. This discount cannot be combined with other discounts.
- Individuals may not submit or appear on more than two proposals, either as primary or secondary presenters.
- The same school or institution may not appear on more than two proposals.
- All presenters must be available to present any time during the Global Conference (excluding pre-conference workshops).
- All presenters must comply with the timelines and deadlines shared by the IB on session confirmation to ensure the successful delivery of their session.
- The layout of meeting rooms will vary. Stationery will be provided. Additional information on room specifications will be provided on approval of the session presentation. The rooms will range from a capacity of 50 to 300. The Global Conferences Team will assign rooms based on their experience of previous conferences and session popularity.
- The IB will not reimburse any expenses.