Intended for Heads of School who have previously completed the current Head of School Category 1 workshops and are now involved in adding a new IB programme, this module provides a brief overview of IB philosophy, but focuses primarily on programme-specific information. The successful completion of this course will fulfill the category 1 PD requirement at Application for Candidacy for additional programmes. It is self-paced, free, unfacilitated and online.
Some of the main benefits educators can gain from self-paced modules include:
- Accessing professional development from the comfort of their homes – no need to incur travel or accommodation costs.
- Self-paced module can be completed and revisited repeatedly for six months from date of purchase.
- Self-paced module topics can be hyper-focused and cover topics not normally featured in typical IB professional development workshops and events.
This self-paced module is category 1.
Once registered, cancellations are not permitted for the self-paced modules.
Self-paced Module Completion Requirements
- Self-paced modules are fully online and asynchronous with no facilitator, so participants can complete the module at their own pace.
- Participants will receive access to their self-paced module within 24 hours of registration and have six months from the date of registration to finish all the learning engagements.
- Participants should:
- plan for at least four hours of active learning.
- Complete the activities for the programme being added.
- Review the documents for the programme being added.
- Download the three portfolio artifacts that have been created.
- Once all learning engagements have been completed, participants will be able to download the completion certificate.
Choosing the right workshop
Please visit the Which type of training is right for me? page on the IB website for further assistance in workshop selection.