What is IB Recognition?
The IB Recognition team demonstrates and enhances the value and impact of an IB education across our diverse network of stakeholders.
- We strategically partner with universities and governments to help develop IB recognition policies and to serve as a source of expertise on how the IB philosophy and curriculum provide an unmatched opportunity for student learning.
- We serve IB students and their parents to ensure that students are properly recognized for the unique credentials and qualifications of their IB education, and to create lasting connections for both.
- We represent the IB to the world through our relationships and leadership positions within associations of IB World Schools.
- We gain government support and other accreditation of IB qualifications in markets that establish prerequisites for recognition.
To support the recognition of IB, we serve as key points of contact for our stakeholders, including admission officers, college counselors, college-bound students, university faculty and government officials to
- drive initiatives that keep pace with trends in education systems, analyse data, and support IB research into programme success
- produce tangible resources on the value of IB recognition and programmes customized to our stakeholders’ specific needs
- coordinate events such as conferences and workshops to help equip our stakeholders with the IB-specific knowledge they require
- serve as thought leaders in international arenas on cutting-edge student learning programmes
- build constructive relationships with governments illustrating the benefits of IB programmes and opportunities that support national goals
We support the IB mission by strengthening IB leadership in international education, evolving and improving IB services and support to schools, and developing a more diverse, inclusive IB community by broadening access to an IB education.
Last update: May 2013