Declaring connections with a school
In order to ensure the validity of assessment, all examiners must be fully independent of the work they assess.
As such, all examiner applicants must provide us with information relating to any personal and/or professional connections they have or have had with an IB World School, in the last three years.
Connections can include, but are not limited to:
- A relative or personal friend works at, or attends the school.
- You provide any form of support for the school or a team/group associated with the school.
- You work or have worked at the school.
- You have lectured at the school, either to students, staff or any other associated group.
- You have acted as a consultant for the school.
- You are a member of the school board or a parent-teacher association affiliated with the school.
- You have undertaken any other paid or unpaid work for school.
- You have trained employees who work at the school.
- In your current role you are in competition either academically or financially with the school or any person associated with the school.