Call for presentation session proposals
We invite you to put forward your proposal to present during the conference academic programme sessions. The overarching theme of this year’s IB Global Conferences is 'Inspiring Communities’.
The topic of a presentation session can touch on conceptual models, professional applications, scholarly analyses, skill building programs and case studies. Session presenters are required to sign up for their own conference registration.
The submission deadline has been extended to Friday 24 February. We will respond to each proposal by 1 April 2017. Conference registration will open in spring 2017.
Our review committee will review all presentation submissions using a set of criteria, which include the relevance to the theme of the conferences and other important criteria including: Presenter experience in the classroom, using one of the IB official languages, and the potential to provide interactive engagement with the audience. As part of their review, the committee will also consider the relevance of the proposal to one of the conference's strands identified below.
- Leadership in professional learning communities
- Curriculum planning implementation in IB Programmes
- Innovation, technology and new spaces for learning
- Literacy and language across global contexts
- International mindedness
- Creativity, social and emotional learning
- Assessment for learning
- Global challenges relevant to education
- Action, research and change
- Operational management in IB World Schools
- Teaching and learning in IB programmes
- Policy, governance and recognition
Terms and conditions
When submitting a proposal for the IB Global Conference 2017 in The Hague, please make sure it adheres to the following terms and conditions:
- Individuals may not submit or appear on more than two proposals, either as primary or secondary presenters
- The same school or institution may not appear on more than two proposals
- It is the primary presenter's responsibility to communicate all official correspondence in a timely manner to all co-presenters
- All presenters must be available to present anytime on Friday 27 October or Saturday 28 October (we cannot guarantee to accommodate exceptional requests)
- All academic sessions are 60 minutes in length
- All session rooms are set up in theatre style and stationery will not be provided. More information on the room specifications will be provided upon approval of the workshop presentation.
- Rooms will range from 50 to 300 maximum capacities, and these will be assigned by the Review Committee based on the likelihood of the topic's popularity.
- The IB Global Conference in The Hague provides a voluntary professional development opportunity to receive international recognition while sharing best practices with other IB educators.
- All session presenters and co-presenters are required to pay the full conference registration fee (early bird registration discounts are available).
- IB will not reimburse any expenses.
- Presentations should not endorse any commercial purposes.