Global Statutory and Tax Manager
Salary: US $75,000 - $85,000
Applications accepted until 31 December 2006.
This role will works closely with external legal and statutory advisors to ensure that IB’s global framework is developed and will also work closely with key internal colleagues to ensure activities of the IB fall within this framework. Included in the statutory requirements is the need to control the closing of the financial statements and the leadership of internal control.
The principle outputs required of the job are:
Establish, develop and refresh IB’s statutory and tax framework throughout the world in order to establish the rules under which IB’s statutory & tax functions operate.
Manage IB’s treasury function throughout the world in order to minimize IB’s exposure to taxation.
Ensure IB’s tax status in all countries is being protected in order to minimize IB’s tax exposure.
Ensure IB’s statutory status in all countries is being protected to ensure IB is observing local laws throughout the world.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred, finance, economics or related field and completed professional finance qualification (CPA, Masters in Taxation, LLM in Taxation, or JD)
- 5+ years experience in a technical accounting role (controlling, tax, and/or treasury) with experience in an international role (4+ years preferred)
- Ability to interpret technical / legal pronouncements
- Ability to work effectively with, and lead work of external advisors
- Strong communication skills
- Effective strategic thinking
- Developed skills in planning and organizing
Global Travel: 10%
Interviews will be held in January 2007.
This post is based in the New York Office.
All submitted applications must have the following to be considered for this post:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest in this position
- Resume including all applicable qualifications for this position
- Salary History & Salary Requirements
Please note, only complete applications will be considered for this post.
Please send your application to one of the following:
Human Resources Department
International Baccalaureate North America
475 Riverside Drive, Suite 1600
New York, NY 10115
Fax: (212) 889-9242